Top 5 ways to keep your website fresh
In many cases a dealer’s website is only as good as its content. Coming up with fresh content may seem difficult, but the benefits are worth the effort. Keeping your content up to date means making sure your website has current information about what is happening at your location, franchise, and even the automotive industry.
- Contact Information – All contact information should be up to date including phone numbers, e-mail addresses, and physical locations. This should also include hours or operations.
- Inventory – Make sure your data provider is updating your inventory by removing sold vehicles and adding new vehicles on a daily basis. Displaying appropriate pricing and correct installed options improves the chances for leads on a particular vehicle to end in a sale, and eliminates the potential of a disappointed prospect at your dealership.
- Changes at Your Dealership – Whether your have updated your showroom or completely renovated your dealership, this type of news helps your online clients learn more about your dealership. The more knowledgeable your customers are about your dealership, the more connected they feel to your business. Internal promotion announcements are also a nice touch.
- OEM Updates – Your dealership is a local connection to the national brand. Make sure to include announcements that affect your dealership such as national sales, rebates, incentives, and major initiatives.
- Future Models – Dedicating a page (with a link from the home page) to models that interest your market (such as next year’s model design or a new hybrid/electric vehicle) can bring potential customers to your website. Including announced features, approximate delivery dates, and estimated prices will provide information that can be indexed by search engines and bring future customers to your site. Adding a form that allows those customers to be notified with news and updates will provide you with contact information for potential new customers.
Remember, your website is a digital window to your dealership. Make sure that window is as clean, accurate and up to date as possible.