4 Reports to Assess Dealership Website Performance
Conversions, lead submissions, and visitor counts are important, but how did your customers get to these places on your website? And, how can you make it easier for consumers to access these places to drive more traffic, improve conversion rates, and increase lead submissions? If you are a Naked Lime customer, below are a few reports found in the Dealer Tool that can help:
Entry and Exit Pages: This report tells you where customers begin and end when they are on your website. To improve performance, make sure these pages:
- Have up-to-date content.
- Are functional and easy to navigate.
- Display your dealership information clearly: phone number(s), email, address, directions, and so on.
Most Viewed Pages: This report explains where consumers are going once they have arrived on your website. It shows which pages are doing well and which are not. To help customers more easily navigate your site:
- Make sure these pages are functional, have current information, and are helpful.
- Have these pages easily accessible from your home page.
- Determine whether to remove pages with low traffic or find ways to make them more accessible and relevant.
Knowing your Most Viewed Pages also can help you determine which makes or models are popular so that you can create relevant specials. This can be a great way to help you increase lead submissions.
Referring Domains: This report shows where site visitors were online before they landed on your website.
- If you are paying a vehicle search site such as Cars.com, for example, to drive traffic to your website, you want to know if you are getting your money’s worth. This report provides one way to help you find that out.
- You should see traffic coming from different search engines, such as Google and Bing. Be sure to review your rankings periodically to make sure your site is coming up on the first search results page for the key search terms that are relevant to your site. If they are not, it’s time to use the next report in this list.
All Search Phrases/Organic Search Terms: This report displays the search phrases your customers are using to find your website. This helps you know:
- What key search terms and phrases need to be incorporated to you website’s SEO. Even though your customers found your website with a specific term or phrase, it doesn’t mean they found it quickly.
- What customers are looking for when they are searching for on your site, which can help you know what kind of specials to create and what content to make accessible from the homepage.
You can also check this for yourself. Go to the search engine associated with the search term or phrase, type it in, and see how far down in the results it is. If it is easy to find, your site’s organic SEO is at work! If you have to scroll down or go to other pages to find it on the search engine, you know the term or phrase needs to be incorporated in relevant places on your website to return better results.
A few minutes spent reviewing reports and making the necessary changes to your website can pay big dividends in getting you noticed online and driving leads – and customers – to your dealership’s door.