Naked Lime Marketing December “Casual for a Cause”: Donate Life Ohio
We’ve talked before about how Casual Friday is actually “Casual for a Cause” here at Naked Lime in Dayton.
It is for that reason that I sit comfortably in jeans today while I tell you about our cause for December, Donate Life Ohio.
Donate Life Ohio is a coalition of the state's organ, eye and tissue recovery agencies dedicated to educating Ohioans about the need for organ, eye and tissue donation and motivating them to join the Ohio Donor Registry.
Why is this so important?
- More than 115,000 Americans and 3,400 Ohioans are waiting for a life-saving organ transplant.
- 18 men and women die each day in the U.S. waiting for a transplant.
- Every 48 hours an Ohioan dies waiting for a transplant.
If you want to register to be a donor, here is how Donate Life Ohio suggests to make your wishes known:
- Register online. You will need a valid Ohio driver license or state identification card.
- Complete and mail a Donor Registry enrollment form
- Say “YES” at the BMV when you receive or renew your driver license or state identification card. You should also talk to your family about your wishes so they can help honor your decision at the time of death.
But while we allocate our Casual for a Cause money to local organizations, Donate Life is a national movement, and any of you reading this can be involved! We’ll make it especially easy for our Texas friends, since that’s where the other half of the Naked Lime team calls home.
Thanks to everyone who is a registered donor, or who gives through educating, volunteering, or donating financially. And our best wishes to everyone awaiting a donation.