Everything You Need to Prepare for Mobilegeddon
In case you haven’t heard, Google is shaking up online search again next week.
If you want people to find your dealership when they’re searching online for the best sale or service – and why wouldn’t you? – your site design is about to get a whole lot more important.
Starting April 21, when customers pull out their phones and search for local dealerships, yours is less likely to be there if you haven’t taken action.
That’s when Google will really start to consider a website’s “mobile-friendliness” – or, how easy it is to access a website, click around, engage, and take action while on a mobile device – when determining rankings in search results. That means you want your dealership’s website to be as mobile-friendly as possible.
Since time is now of the essence, we’ve put together a crash course list of resources, ideas, examples, and best practices. Below are five steps to help guide you toward making mobile-friendly design work for your dealership:
- Understand why you should adapt your website’s design to a mobile device.
- Feeling lucky? Take Google’s mobile-friendly test for your current website.
- Now that we have your attention, check out The Mobile Web Design Battle that Isn’t.
- Ask yourself which type of website design works best for businesses like yours.
- Check out some great examples of adaptive websites to get some ideas for yours.
Still have questions? Call 855.NKD.LIME and we can show you how the latest in mobile dealership site design can benefit your business.