SEO Case Study: Results are Big in Texas
With most car buyers using the internet as their primary research tool, it is important for dealerships to maximize their online visibility. We documented the progress of one of our dealers to show others how important SEO services are, and how effective they can be when used correctly.
Our test dealership is located in Baird, TX, about 20 minutes outside Abilene. The dealership needed to bring in local customers, but also wanted to compete with dealers in the greater Abilene area. This challenge required a solid SEO strategy in order to rank highly on mobile and regular searches in the area and increase overall site visits.
The dealer started off with many challenges:
- Organic traffic sessions for Abilene were too low to bring in the number of leads they wanted, specifically for popular terms “Chevy”, “Silverado”, “Sierra” and “Abilene”. Pages within the dealerships site weren’t optimized well enough to rank for local search terms.
- The dealership needed to increase the number of social media followers for both Facebook and Twitter in order to drive more brand awareness and traffic to the website.
- The dealership was seeing poor results due poor mobile optimization. Mobile usability is a key factor in determining how any site will display on Google’s search results. The more mobile-friendly a site is, the better the ranking will be.
To gain visibility in Abilene, Naked Lime specialists:
- Transitioned all page URLs to “Abilene TX” and converted any old pages to mobile-optimized versions.
- Placed forms on all pages, updated page text and headings, meta descriptions and keywords, and double checked all site links.
- Created blog posts focused on Abilene, TX, and more site pages and campaigns with an Abilene focus.
- Overall form leads increased from 94 to 123 with a conversion rate increase of 16.52% on the pages.
- Organic traffic sessions to Abilene-optimized pages increased by 25.13%.
- All organic traffic increased by 5.76%, which is an increase of over 650 visitors with an average of 3.81 pages/visit.
- Abilene-focused organic visits increased from 852 to 1,137 visits with an average of 3.48 pages per visit.
- Page sessions increased from 15,785 to 17,763 and returning users increased from 38.6% to 43.7%.
- Facebook fans increased by 630 and Twitter followers increased by 40. Social traffic to the website increased from 126 to 176, a 39.68% increase.
- Mobile usability issues decreased from 23 to 2, leading to an increase in mobile traffic.
In all, 116 pages were updated, edited and had Schema.org data added. Heavy focus was placed on promoting community involvement and dealership local events on social media to improve local engagement. With the help of Naked Lime SEO services, the dealership was able to increase leads and recognition within their local area, and in the targeted city of Abilene.
Good SEO is an ongoing process, and it often takes time to see the work pay off. If you’re struggling with it on your own, don’t be discouraged. But if you want to leave it to the experts so you can sell to leads instead of searching for them, we can help. Just call 855.NKD.LIME or email firstname.lastname@example.org.