4 Steps to Getting More From Your Dealership Data (While Not Drowning in It)
Every day, your dealership collects a lot of data. A lot.
You collect all that data because you know making informed business decisions is good. But, you also know drowning in data is not.
Never fear. Below are four steps to help you get more out of your data and stay afloat:
Step 1: Data
Before you can analyze data, you’ve got to collect it.
Much of your data will be stored in your DMS and CRM tools. You also can seek out additional sources, including prospect lists from third parties or online behavior data, such as that generated by peoples’ use of social media.
A word of caution: All of that data is only good if it’s clean and accurate. You’ll want to cross-check it against sources such as registration data, USPS data, email change of address lists, and email append databases.
Step 2: Information
The data you’ve gathered will help you send personal, timely, and targeted messages. Your assessment of that data can help your dealership achieve its goals.
- Audience: Determine whether you want to reach potential customers, existing customers, or conquest customers.
- Direction: You can limit your reach to your Primary Marketing Area or expand beyond it.
- Timing: Predictive analytics and online behavior can help you determine the level of interest in your audience and the best time to send messages.
- Content: Understanding audience demographics and the context in which you should be talking to different audience groups can help you determine the best message to send.
Step 3: Activation
Data reveals useful facts about your audience, such as their values, current lifestyle, interests, recent purchases, and what they’re likely to purchase next.
Use what you uncover in your data, combined with your knowledge of human emotions and the factors that drive decision-making, to tailor your marketing message and inspire action.
Step 4: Action
Finally, it’s time to put your plan in motion.
No two customers will have the same journey to purchasing. Delivering one consistent message, on all available platforms, will help ensure you’re available when customers are ready to buy from you.
Each communication channel is designed with a call to action: to generate a lead or a dealership visit. You might use email to send a tailored, targeted message that builds a relationship and promotes engagement. Or, your mobile website might be designed to generate calls to your dealership.
Each channel also has a supporting role that’s equally important to your overall success.
- Social Media helps you gauge customer interaction with your dealership and validates dealership activity in the community.
- SEO puts emphasis on your website’s keywords and content, making it easier for customers to find you.
- Content gives people relevant, engaging information about your dealership.
- Reputation Management can drive engagement from the dealership in the customer feedback process.
- Pay-Per-Click remarketing can maintain dealership brand awareness.
Knowing how to use each channel to carry out your digital strategy is key to achieving your goals.
Still got a sinking feeling?
Lead account strategists at Naked Lime are data experts. They work for you to analyze data, categorize it, and extract what’s most useful to build your marketing strategy.
Your account strategist can help ensure success by providing inventory management approaches, consulting on marketing and advertising budget, and implementing a proactive, data-driven digital strategy for your dealership.
That frees you do to what you do best: sell cars and serve the customers coming through your doors.
Ready to get more out of your data? Call 855.NKD.LIME or email firstname.lastname@example.org today.
Note: This blog post expands on concepts first explored by Naked Lime in the article “4 ‘Big Data’ Principles All Marketing Champions Need to Know,” published in the Feb. 2017 Digital Dealer Magazine.