Readers’ Choice: Top Dealership Marketing Articles of 2020
What else can we say about 2020? Marketing, like everything else, was in a constant state of evaluation and adjustment. But with that came an opportunity to learn and explore, and we appreciate the readers who used our blog as a resource. Here are our most-read dealership marketing blog posts of 2020:
- Google’s Cookies are Going Away: Byte-Sized Updates for Dealerships Google announced in January 2020 their plans to get rid of the third-party cookie by 2022. The immediate reaction was panic: “How are we supposed to track customer engagement online without third-party cookies?!” See what the update really means.
- The Wonderful Dealer of Oz: Don’t Hide Behind the Information Curtain Buying a vehicle from a dealership is a lot like Dorothy’s adventure in the Land of Oz. Left on their own, customers follow a path to purchase full of distractions, advice, and obstacles. At the end of the road, can your dealership help them in the way they expected?
- 5 Habits to Keep (or Start) in Your Dealership Marketing Strategy after the COVID-19 Shutdown However your dealership navigated stay-at-home restrictions, essential business operations, or the steps to return to business as not-so-normal, there are a few marketing habits that came out of the COVID-19 pandemic you should consider in all of your future marketing plans.
- Into the Minds of Consumers: Automotive Branding People buy cars for different reasons. Some are bought for safety or practicality. Others are purchased to make the buyer feel excited, powerful, and confident. But what about a car makes someone feel those emotions before ever setting foot in a dealership?
- Some Things Just Don’t Mix. Does Your Marketing? Oil and water. Toothpaste and orange juice. Alcohol and good decisions. Some things in life just don’t mix, and same is true for your marketing. With so many different elements and strategies, it’s easier than you think to come up with a bad match. Read for a few examples.
While we can generally predict some dealership marketing developments, after last year, we hesitate even to guess what 2021 might throw our way. But we promise, whatever it is, we’ll be here to help you through.