4 Eco-Friendly Ways to Promote your Dealership
As we celebrate Earth Day, it’s a great reminder to find ways to help make our planet a little cleaner.
Here are four ways you can go greener with your dealership’s marketing:
1. Showcase your Sustainable Products and Services
Its 2021, and most automotive brands have at least one eco-friendly model. These vehicles have a lower negative effect on the environment than their traditional counterparts by lowering or supplementing gas usage.
Customers who care about those features will look for them specifically, which means you need to make sure they stand out in your inventory.
Some options to put your sustainable vehicles in the spotlight are:
- Inventory Display Advertising – Advertise exactly what is on your lot with up-to-date inventory ads. These display advertisements have the ability to reach more than 90% of the internet, ensuring your inventory is placed in front of the right customer at the right time, in the right place, and align with customer shopping behaviors.
- Dynamic Used Advertising – Did you know that 71% of used car buyers purchase the vehicle they initially intended to buy? These search ads are unique for each vehicle on your lot and are customized to include vehicle details like year, price and mileage. They also send shoppers directly to your Vehicle Detail Pages for a straightforward experience.
- Automotive Inventory Ads – Facebook’s AIA ads use a direct connection that sends your available inventory in your DMS to Facebook. It formats each vehicle’s details to meet Facebook’s technical specifications, automatically generates unique ads for each vehicle, and directs shoppers to vehicle detail pages, lead forms, or their next step in the buying process.
2. Think Locally
If you want your dealership to be a local household name, you need to be involved in your community. Volunteering or donating to local efforts not only has a positive impact on those around you, but it’s a great way to gain some positive press. When people in your area are ready to purchase their next car, they will already have your dealership’s name in the back of their mind.
Every town is different, but some ideas for giving back are:
- Collecting recycling at your dealership
- Sponsor a spot in your community garden
- Round up some employees and their families to volunteer planting trees or picking up litter in a local park.
3. Move Banners Online
Physical banners and billboards not only use a lot of materials (with the average billboard using 48 or 96-sheet posters), but they are often ineffective.
It’s no secret that people have been spending a lot less time driving this past year. Those billboards aren’t being seen as much as they used to. It’s also recommended to keep those banners to 10 words or less, so even if someone does pay attention to it, they are often left confused on what to do next.
On the flip side, people are spending an overwhelmingly increased amount of time online. Banner ads not only allow you to be where people spend their time, they allow you to target those who are most likely to buy.
4. Add Some Greenery
Humans react a lot to their environment. It can influence our mood and behaviors. This is the reason why people are willing to pay more for a cute boutique experience or why many fast food restaurants use colors like red and yellow to make customers feel hungrier.
The same applies to your dealership.
If customers feel comfortable and calm in their environment, they will be less defensive and easier to influence.
One of the easiest ways to do this is with plants. Plants can help cool down hot showrooms, stage your vehicles, and make your interior more inviting. They help shoppers feel like they are having a higher quality experience while helping the environment at the same time.
Our planet is pretty amazing. We put it through a lot, yet, it still provides us with food, air, shelter, and everything we need. As the novelist Wendell Berry once said, “The Earth is what we all have in common.”
So how does your dealerships plan to give back this Earth Day? Share with us on Facebook!